Wednesday 27 January 2010
15:19

Tom's big fitness plan...

In an effort to remain reasonably healthy and maintain a modicum of fitness, trainers have been loaded and we plan to intersperse the driving with bouts of 'jogging'. On Sunday 9th May 2010 the Bristol 10K Race takes place. We're gonna be well up the PAH by then (sorry, Pan American Highway; there are some army traits that are just too hard to shake), however the guys at my church back in Bristol (Christchurch) have joined forces with other churches (notably Woodlands, who started it all) and our friends, work-colleagues, the wider community etc. to do something a bit special... From their Facebook group:
'It’s not often you get to do something where everyone benefits, but what makes Love Running so special is the unique combination of health and fitness, social action and community engagement. Not to mention the fun of having a go with loads of other people, and the big party at the end of it. The plan is to create one of the largest sporting event mass-entries of all time in a UK road race; five hundred people entering the Bristol 10k while raising money for some incredible causes and getting involved in some community action. For more info check out www.loverunning.org or watch the video of last year's event.'
On the same day we're going to be donning the red 'Love Running' tee-shirts and doing 10K in support, wherever we find ourselves (I think we'll probably be somewhere like Colombia or Panama by then). We'll post a video of our efforts so you can see me looking somewhat sweaty, Phil looking nonchalant and Tim looking like he's in a state of exhausted delirium...

5 comments:

This Road said...

I ain't doin' that! No way! Ain't gonna happen sir! I's got a truck and I is staying in it!! I'll get a note from me mum too if needs be!!! I've got rights and by jolly I'm usin' them!!!!
Philip

ThisRoadNumeroUno said...

You'll do as you're bloomin' well told, young lad! Now quit being a total, complete and utter hom, put on your man-suit (even if it is rather baggy) and start to work for those in command!! Now dig deep, work hard etc etc..
Tom

Tim said...

Running = gay. Although as i've hit and all time fatosity of 15st (obviously due to my macho sports injury) I think thisroad can also double as Campo de Fatto.

Tim said...

Genius - i just had to type in the word verification thing for that post and the word was "crampo". Even the tinterweb thinks i'm a porker.

Michael B said...

Looking forward to your next post. On the running theme I have just got myself a GPS enabled all singing all dancing Garmin heart rate monitor and set of bathroom scales. For fearing of ending up where TIm has already got by his self admission. I fear I am no over the 12st mark. Have a good trip boys - hope to see many forest gump esque photos!! Polarised if you please cpt Phil.

Post a Comment